Sunday, March 17, 2019

Finding meaning in the mundane


Assignment: A brief devotional



Being a full-time student, part-time preschool teacher’s aide, avid weight lifter, news editor of The Daily Runner, social butterfly, and young journalist, I find myself with almost no time to do all of the things I need to get done. I commute to Regent, the drive taking up even more of my day that I can’t afford to lose!
When doing all of these things throughout my daily life, I try hard to remember that in doing so, I am to glorify God despite all of the stress that I may be feeling.
Colossians 3:23-24 says “And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.” 
This passage offers encouragement that we are not obsolete nor are any of our actions; we have a purpose, and no amount of stress can take away how important everything is, even driving to school or doing a seemingly pointless homework assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment